WU TANG CLAN 'ODB' TATTOOS
We love Wu Tang Clan and with that being said you have to love ODB even more. And who better to represent that illicit feeling than Ol' Dirty Bastard,
the Wu's resident bad ass mc and free sprit. Here are some cool ODB tattoos that keep the spirit of Big Baby Jesus alive through people who have permanently etched epidermis of the man himself
FACTS ABOUT ODB THAT YOU MAY NOT KNOW
• ODB was born Russell Tyrone Jones in Brooklyn, New York.
•Despite Shimmy Shimmy Ya being Ol’ Dirty Bastards biggest hit, the song only managed to peak at number 62 on the Billboard Hot 100 in 1995.
•Only officially released two albums. His third album, A Son Unique never got an official release. Before it could be released under Dame Dash Music Group, he was dropped and the album was shelved. You can download it, however.
• Before his death, he changed his name from Ol’ Dirty Bastard to Dirt McGirt. A Son Unique’s original name was entitled Dirt McGirt.
• He and his cousins Robert Diggs (RZA) and Gary Grice (GZA) shared a love of rap and martial art flicks. They eventually started a group, Force of the Imperial Master.
• After Force of the Imperial Master, ODB, RZA, and GZA changed the name of the group to All In Together Now. After bringing in six other members they became known as The Wu Tang Clan.
• After the release of his solo album, Return to the 36 Chambers: The Dirty Version, an MTV crew filmed a day in the life of ODB. He was filmed cashing a welfare check despite his album being in the top ten list.
• His FBI profile was released to the public in 2012. According to the file, he may have been involved in three murders and may have had a shoot out with police.
• The official cause of death for Jones was a lethal dose of cocaine and tramadole.